[alfa] Batteries / battery clamps

Anyone come up with a good battery clamp for the Pos. main cable which
invariably comes into restoration shops with the two bolt aftermarket
clamp?

My concern, of course, if for Spiders with the battery under hood. I did
use a marine set up for the '60 Spider I restored but had battery in
trunk.  It has a separate clamp with a .75" long threaded post on top.
One gets a separate female fitting and solders / swages it on to the end
of the cable. It then fits over the post and is held down by a butterfly
nut. Looks nice and is a quick disconnect if one doesn't over tighten.

However, the vertical post is pretty much guaranteed to weld itself to
the hood (not to mention, fry the battery) first time it is shut.

I've had no luck with solder on type clamps.

I'd actually like to be able to have the boot over the clamp as per
original - OR - is there a high quality battery which fits in nice as
you please but is considerably shorter whereas one could use the marine
clamp / system? - And doesn't look too modern?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA