RE: [alfa] Good Clean Power

><double><snip>
>> It is possible to produce good power and clean power.
>
>I tend to agree with you wrt the later stuff.  But quite frankly, the
>emissions systems of the late 70's were marginal at best, and certainly
>robbed some HP.
>
>What's really goofy is the laws that prevent you from touching one of those.
>Say you'd like to remove the air pump and other crap from a late 70's Spider
>and replace it with the more modern system (including cat) from a mid 80's
>Spider, it's not allowed..
>
>bs

True enough, and like most things, the devil's in the details.  In our state I
believe you can install the more modern system, but one must install the entire
emissions system - which is essentially the whole power plant.  I agree that the
early emission systems did rob power Alfa's were not immuned to this.  But they
were genuinely cleaner.  I guess I'd revert to my previous statement about
getting a different steed if that was so important.

-R