RE: [alfa] Good Clean Power

<snip>
> Okay now for the Alfa part.  I often see postings to this digest about
removing
> emission control equipment from vehicles (Alfas) in an effort (rightly or
> wrongly) to extract a 'little more' performance.  To this I say: do your
family,
> your pet, or anything else you value on this planet a favor and don't do
it.
> The gains to be gotten are really quite small and if you *really* have to
have
> those extra beans, maybe you should consider a different steed.  The Alfa,
(and
> many other marques) are engineered by smart folk, the likes of our own
Eric S.
> comes to mind.  It is possible to produce good power and clean power.

I tend to agree with you wrt the later stuff.  But quite frankly, the
emissions systems of the late 70's were marginal at best, and certainly
robbed some HP.

What's really goofy is the laws that prevent you from touching one of those.
Say you'd like to remove the air pump and other crap from a late 70's Spider
and replace it with the more modern system (including cat) from a mid 80's
Spider, it's not allowed..

bs