RE: [alfa] Front-end maintenance?

> I don't know how badly a ball joint can fail.. I think they rarely
> separate.. just get loose and clunky.. and probably exponentally worse
> once they get rather bad.

Well, I once had a Rabbit GTI where one certainly did separate - this,
with only the slightest hint a couple of days earlier of a bit of
looseness in the front end.  Just a "hey I better look at that this
weekend" kind of looseness.  Unfortunately, it fell apart before the
weekend came, ruining a tire and a CV joint along the way.  Luckily no
body damage but I was on a tight corner on an on-ramp to a highway.  30
seconds later I would have been going 75.  BTW, 5 days earlier, the car
had passed an (obviously useless) state inspection.

Chris
84 GTV6