[alfa] New wheels and brakes for the Milano

Andy at Performatek scoured the globe and turned up a sweet set of wheels for my Milano (good price too.) I got Team Dynamics, Pro Race 1 (black) wheels in 15x7" and the magic 5x98 bolt spacing. They weigh about 13lbs each, a fair amount less than my not quite round phone dials.

From Tirerack I ordered Kumho Ecsta MXs in 205/50 R15, at $79 a tire. Peter Webb doesn't like them, but with about 10 miles on them I have no complaints :)

Andy also sent me a set of Carbotech Bobcat pads (these do get Peter's seal of approval) and new rotors all around. These came in early enough for me to mount them last weekend. They are awesome. Great bite, good feel, no noise... much lower pucker factor. (Previous pads were Axxis Metalmasters.)

I mounted the tires this morning, and I have to say they look pretty sweet.

http://denovich.org/gallery/MyAlfas?page=5
specifically: http://denovich.org/gallery/MyAlfas/P1010846

A quick test spin revealed they are indeed round (no vibrations!) and the tires are quite a bit stiffer without being harsh. The Kuhmo Ecsta 712s I had mounted on phonedials paired with my Bilstein shocks seemed a bit jittery, unless I ran them soft. The MXs are no less stiff, but feel better... I assume thanks to less unsprung weight.

PS: Not sure if anyone noticed... but the Alfa Wiki (and the rest of denovich.org) were offline earlier this week due to a power failure. Everything is back up again.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org