RE: [alfa] New wheels and brakes for the Milano

>  From Tirerack I ordered Kumho Ecsta MXs in 205/50 R15, at $79 a tire.
> Peter Webb doesn't like them, but with about 10 miles on them I have no
> complaints :)

Not that my opinion means much but yes I still *HATE* Kumho tires.  The
Dunlop FM901s are the same price and twice the tire.

> Andy also sent me a set of Carbotech Bobcat pads (these do get Peter's
> seal of approval) and new rotors all around.   These came in early
> enough for me to mount them last weekend.   They are awesome.  Great
> bite, good feel, no noise...  much lower pucker factor.  (Previous pads
> were Axxis Metalmasters.)

The CarboTechs were the single greatest improvement to the Verde I have
made.   The braking power is incredible to say the least.   At Road
America's Canada corner, a buddy was braking at 4 in his SCCA EP Alfetta
weighing 2000lbs, I was braking at 2 in a 3000lb street car.  After taking
him for a ride in my car, he now has a set of CarboTechs.

I took an AROC Detroit member around Gingerman in my car, after changing his
underwear, he has new brakes now too.   Still waiting for my commission
check from Andy :)

> http://denovich.org/gallery/MyAlfas?page=5
> specifically: http://denovich.org/gallery/MyAlfas/P1010846

Looks good.  Hope to see it in New England in July.  BTW, you planning on
getting Squirted there?

-Peter