[alfa] Re: finding SPICA pump leaks

At 10:32 PM 4/1/04 +0000, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:22:27 -0500
From: Bruce Giller <bgiller@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] finding SPICA pump leaks

My SPICA pump has an oil leak at one of the seals but it is hard to tell just where it was coming out. The engine is
out of the car and on my stand. Is there any way to pressurize the pump body to find the leak?
Don't know how to pressurize the pump body, but my leaky pump was caused by the round rubber seal that is between the fuel cutoff cam follower and the microswitch. They tear, and will produce a definite drip from the microswitch cover. Pretty easy to fix, but you have to remove the pump from the engine to remove the microswitch. Wes Ingram sells the seal.