Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag Value (for insurance)

Hi all,

I had a discussion with the guy (as....le) from the insurance who had to
make a taxation report on my Stag.
He valued it rather low because he thought it wasn't that special as more
than 25000 were made.
So I told him that in the Netherlands the value of this particular car
should be much higher since only 6000 or so LHD's were made. Furthermore I
think most Dutch people prefer a manual OD over the auto. It also has
instruments calibrated on kilometers and being a pre '74 Stag it is
constructed out of the better quality steel than later Stag's which seems
preferably too in my opinion.
The number of 6000 LHD's I mentioned might however be optimistic since I
assumed all export cars were LHD. Does anybody know how many LHD Stags
manual OD pre '74 with kilometer instrumentation are produced?

Many thanks for all your responds
Paul de Jong, Sapphire Blue Mk1 manual OD with kilometer instruments.

P.S. I managed to convince the man to increase value from HFL 22000 ($10500)
to 27500 ($12900) which is still rather low I think considering its near
perfect condition.