Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Tight steering

> What is the most likely cause of tight steering?

Either in the rack or in the top bushes. I think your pump will be OK.

I have just renewed my top mounts and bearings due to debonding of the rubber
on one side. The steering now feels a lot more positive. I also believe it has
significantly reduced the "twitch" I was experiencing which I had put down to
the rear half shaft spines. Someone on this list some time ago said they had
replaced all the bushes on the rear and greased the splines and still had the
twitch - maybe the front top bearings can cause a similar effect???

Regards

Graham Nicholson