Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #233

> RE Lumination Ignition Module - request for " Views please".
>
> I remember that in the instructions for the Luminition it says
> "connecting the brown wire to 12V will destroy the module" !
> - --
>         Dave Biggs

Amazing how a company with the capability to design such equipment would omit a
ten cent series diode which could prevent such damage!  I added a diode in series
with mine (when I read that absurd warning).  Just add a diode that will handle
100 volts at 10 amps with the cathode side toward the module - you will never blow
it out, and add protection in case someone hooks up the battery backwards or
reverses jumper cable connections.

Best wishes,

Bruce Koehler
72 Stag since 1986 (soon for sale)