Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Bad vibrations

Hi again
A surefire test of the theory I put forward is to put the car under a measure
of counter torque and see what happens.
You drive along at 70 mph, then brake gently on a downhill stretch of the
freeway, pulling the speed down by 20 mph.
This tends to twist the elastomer coupling in the opposite direction from
normal.
The rubber will stretch and the main part of the shaft will drop down a
little. then you will experience a more severe level of vibration until you
slow right down, and let the rubber recover and straighten itself out.
Nightmare isn't it?
I will solve it.
I always solve the problems on my car, and some of them have been a real
challenge.
Peter H