Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Not Starting Problem

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me with a problem which
occurred yesterday.

I had quite happily driven approx. 60 miles when I needed to fill up
with petrol as I was virtually on empty. Upon attempting to start all
the engine would do was turn over but not gun. Couldn't hear the click
click of the petrol pump so knocked it gently with a hammer. No joy.
Battery flattening, so called the RAC. 20 minutes later tried the beast
again and as if my magic it started, just as the RAC man came round the
corner! Felt a right idiot!

Drove approx. 30 miles to home & abandoned the car outside whilst I
unloaded family & baggage. Attempted to start car again to drive into
garage & wouldn't start again, tried to jump start but nothing nut all
was OK two hours later.

Is my fuel pump on the way out or is it something else? Any ideas?
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Many thanks

Nick McCormack
Product Consultant
Bendata, a division of Goldmine Software
mailto:n.mccormack@domain.elided
http://www.bendata.com
Phone:+44 (0)1793 428200
Fax:+44 (0)1793 428222