Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: TORQUATROL UNIT

> With all due respect, the Torquatrol unit (also known as a
> Holset coupling) does not work by temperature.

John, you're right. Thanks for correcting me.

> Nor does it necessarily become obsolete when an electric fan is fitted.
> It depends what type of electric fan is used. Only a large commercial
> type will provide sufficient cooling - unless you live in Iceland!

Not exactly, also weather in Europe often feels
like living in Iceland.

I just got one they use in modern cars as well. It
delivers 2900 m3/h, it cools it down on a hot
day even when idling after an autobahn ride.

Tom

--
"That's not a leak... My car is just marking its
territory!"

"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
Thomas Jell                       | '79 Spitfire
(running, running, ...)
81730 Muenchen                    | '74 STAG
(running again ...)
E-mail: tjell@domain.elided             | '63 TR 4
(being rebuilt)

WWW: british car		  | http://www.team.net/sol