Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Soft-top frame restoration - what do I keep ?

Hi,

I'm about to start my soft-top restoration and was wondering what bits I
need to be concerned about keeping. Obviously, anything metal is going to be
kept and restored, but as I want it recovered, how do I remove the existing
cover. Is there anything that I need to be careful about not damaging (such
as a little rubber whatsit that goes on the do-hickey, because you can't get
them any more).

At the moment, its as unbolted from the car. I would like to restore the
frame before having it recovered, but don't know how to go about a) removing
the cover and b) what bits I can just discard as they will be replaced when
it is recovered.

Alternatively, if I just start removing rivets, will it all become apparent
?

Thanks, Ross