Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Bushes - Amazing!

Hi Chris
Most interesting piece. My rear end rubbers are virtually shot, so I was
going for poly.
I am glad to hear about the improvement, but I wonder how much was due to
spline greasing, and how much was down to polyurethane. I will only have the
bushes done, so will be able to test for that. My twitch is terrible. It is
mostly felt on the autobox upshift 2 to 3 aftercoming coming out of a bend
which tends to suggest spline lock. It seems the halfshafts change length
very slightly as the torque is momentarily relaxed during the gear change.
Peter h