Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Time clocks

In message , Telfer, Martin <Martin.Telfer@domain.elided> writes
>Mine (77 Oz model) has broken again after a recent repair. The plastic hands
>have split and the setting mechanism is woefully wobbly.
>
>Original Keinzle clocks seem hard to come by and expensive - Rimmers want
>UKP 50 plus UKP 50 exchange surcharge. This seems madness to me for a clock
>with the same inherent defects - fragile setting mechanism and lousy
>timekeeping!
>
>Has anyone replaced with a quartz alternative? Rimmers quote one for about
>UKP 35 I think. If so, does it look ok in the dash?
>
>Thanks
>
>Martin

I bought a VDO quartz analogue clock from an autojumble (?swapmeet in
the US?), origin unknown, which cost me the princely sum of 2 UK pounds.
It has a nice black face & white hands, consistent with the other
instruments. I've fitted it in place of the ashtray which I don't use as
I have fitted an oil pressure gauge instead of the wildly inconsistent
original clock (sorry Mr Wattam). The clock is very accurate. Plus it
doesn't set off my voltage drop triggered alarm. I'd advise just looking
around till you find one.
--
Ian Soady