Stag/Stag Digest Archive

New Owner - various queries

Hello everybody from Tynemouth near Newcastle upon Tyne (no cracks about the
cup final please!!)

Well after many months of deliberation I've gone and bought my first Stag.
It's a 1972 and seems reasonably sound but I've got a couple of queries for
you experienced hands out there!!

1. Oil pressure is reading 40psi at idle and increases slightly when at
speed. I don't want to reopen the 'to fit or not to fit a pressure guage
debate' but some soothing words for a new owner would be appreciated.

2. I know the steering has been reported as 'light' but on this car it seems
very light. Does the rack need some attention?

3. The Stag is very much 'marking it's territory' by leaking oil out of the
back of the gear box - replace oil seals or something more sinister?

Thats all for now  - comments etc would be much appreciated.

Incidently for whats it 's worth this list has been one of the most
informative points for background info on the Stag - keep up the good work!!

Alan Hymers