Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Manual Gear Box

>> Has anyone used a Rover V8 box?    if so, is there any specific model?

I'm not sure about Stags, but conversion of Rover P6's from the old
4-speed manual to the later 5-speed from the Rover SD1 were popular.
Given that, I'd imagine a Stag conversion isn't that difficult, assuming
that you have a suitable bellhousing to mate the 'box to whatever engine
you have (original Stag, I assume).  You might also want to look at the
Rover boxes from the 80's cars (R380 I think, but don't quote me on
that) or even Toyota Supra 5 speed gearboxes (these were both viable
alternatives in P6 conversions).

good luck!

Jules