Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rustproofing bare panels

Hi all

I'm currently doing bodywork restoration on my Stag and most of it is now
stripped back to bare metal prior to me welding in a few cosmetic repair
patches.   Question:   What is best way of rustproofing the panels between
now and the proper body preparation and respray?   Someone suggested WD40
sprayed lightly over them should be enough but is it possible to get that
off again easily?   Or should I just give everything a light primer coat?

thanks

Alastair