Stag/Stag Digest Archive

fuel pump

Walter, I tried your test of counting the fuel pump clicks and here are the
results:

First of all, I've discovered that I do not have a Stag fuel pump.  It is a
cylindrical pump with the word FACET on one end; I'm told it's off a Rover.

I get 240 clicks in 1 minute!  No change whether the pump is connected up to
the carbs or if the main fuel line is disconnected at the carbs and a bolt
stuck in the end of the line.  No fuel leaks, either.  So, where do I go from
here?  There is only a gallon or two of fuel in the tank; am I just picking
up air from the tank with a low fuel level?

TIA,
Frank M.