Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Fw: IBM WARNING OF NEW VIRUS

         Reply to:   Re: Fw: IBM WARNING OF NEW VIRUS
Not to waste any more bandwidth on this silly thing, but I'd like to thank Wayne for including the text of Bad Times.  I'd received it a while back, but deleted it.  Been looking for that clever text, as I am CONSTANTLY spending billable hours doing nothing but reassuring members of my clientele that Guts/Jesus, Good Times, Join the Crew, etc. etc. are hoaxes.  In fact, I bill as much as $300 US per month doing nothing but typing such reassuring e-mails and including URL's for each of the major anti-virus and hoax research pages.  Of course, I continually fail to get people to think critically [trust NOTHING on the internet, except maybe for the contents of this digest... :-) ], but I try.

What a shame.  The real shame (and my personal pet peeve of the month) is when I get such an e-mail from a rightfully concerned user, but I'm the 80th person on the TO: list.

These hoaxes clog up bandwidth as badly as Melissa ever has.

Anyway, Wayne, thanks for the inclusion of that text.  Much as I hate to get snotty with any clients, I'm getting to the point where I'm going to start including it as my reply to the "warnings" I always receive.