Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag/Buick questions

Hello all:

Does anyone on the list have a Buick V-6 installed in their Stag?  I've just
purchased a '72 which has had the V-6 installed somewhere along the line.  I
think I may actually prefer having the non-stock engine, but the way it was
done needs some changes.  Someone installed a high rise manifold and Holley 4
barrel carb, which necessitated a hood/bonnet scoop.  I need to find out,
from someone who has the    V-6 in their Stag, if I put a stock manifold and
carb back on the engine will it permit enough clearance that I can use a
stock bonnet?  It appears that the distributor might interfere but hopefully
someone can tell me for sure.

Thanks,
Don Marshall
'72 TR-Buick