Stag/Stag Digest Archive

[Fwd: Keys]

---- Begin included message ----
> Hi Andrew,

If they are the original barrels are still fitted, you should be able to
pick the petrol flap
lock and ignition with virtually any key from a stag of similar age.

The Police will have keys that will probably work, as will many garages. A
work
colleauge of mine locked himself out of his Stag, he tried my keys, and with

a bit of wiggling (about 30 seconds) he got in.

The boot is annoying, try to borrow a Stag boot key. If not, how old is the
boot striker
plate? Mine was so worn that the boot popped open involuntairly when driving
along
before I replaced it. A fim upwards tug may release the lid despite being
locked.

Stag locks, like most seventies cars, were poor even when new. My car has
one key
for the doors, and another key for the ignition. My girlfiend managed to get
the car
unlocked and started up without paying any heed to this, using just one of
the keys.

Don't forget the boot key also unlocks the glovebox!

Good luck, someone on the list should have some old Stag keys lying about
that they
could post to you (not me I'm afraid!), one of which will probably get you
in!

David Luke, 1973 Pimento Rover V8 auto

---- End included message ----