Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Keys

I have done the unbelievably stupid act of losing my one and only set of
keys for the Stag.  Fortunately the doors were unlocked and I can get
into it to change the lock barrels on the doors and ignition. The boot is
locked but it seems possible to replace the lock mechanism from the
outside although at vast expense. The only one I might have trouble with
is the fuel filler cap but if I cant get at it by removing the cap itself
and dismantling it from the back I suppose I can always drill it out.
However before I do all this I was wondering if there was any way of
getting a new set of keys by reference to Commission Numbers or the like.
Does anybody know if the factory kept this sort of record and if so does
it still exist.

Thanks in advance

A very embarrassed Andrew Wood.