Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Rear Axle mounting pins

I have had to change these pin's on a couple of cars. Both times I
managed to track down originals. But I don't think there is many NOS
left world-wide. Chris Witor said he had looked at getting them made but
his usual supplier wasn't interested. I believe they are made from some
very hard steel (think about the torque and the weight of the
suspension).
Is this something the S.O.C. could think about having re-manufactured.
Bear in mind that more and more Stag's 2000's and 2.5's are going to be
having these two pins quietly rotting away.
Ps. it's a real pain hacking the body work away (from above), grinding
the heads off the old ones, welding in the new ones and replacing the
body work above (making sure the pins are parallel and in the right
place. Allow 4-6 hours after the suspension's dropped.

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided