Stag/Stag Digest Archive

clutch hydraulics/mechanicals

FWIW, I got my new (previously owned) clutch MC pushrod yesterday.  I
compared it to the one that was fitted to the MC and welded in several
places.  My old one measured 4 3/16 inches from the tip to the center of the
pin hole.  The new unmodified one is a little shorter and measures 3 13/16
in.  The only reason I can think of that the old one was welded is that it
may have fatigued and the PO welded it back together with a sleeve around it
to hold it together.  The length shouldn't matter at all since it is on the
master cylinder and wouldn't be taking up any mechanical slop anywhere.  The
only thing the length difference would do is to change where the clutch pedal
sits in the "at rest" position.  1/4 inch probably isn't even noticable.
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Do I have it right, or am I all wet?
TIA,
Frank M.