Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: oil pressure

In a message dated 4/11/99 4:49:47 PM Central Daylight Time, lgmtr6@domain.elided
writes:

<< Frank,
 I would use the lower pressure gauge. I just finished my Stag rebuild and
 also installed an oil pressure gauge. Mine is getting 40-50 lbs on cold
 start-up. It runs about 40 lbs hot at speed and about 10 at idle. I now
 know why they didn't put them in when the cars were new. I am constantly
 worried about it (my previous TRs being TR6s which ran 50-80 lbs), but I
 am assured that this is the normal range for a Stag.

Thanks, Larry.  I'll put in my lower pressure range gauge (0-85).  My GT6
runs about 85psi cold; 25 at idle when warm.  I always worried about my Chevy
305 and 350 being low; about what you quoted on your Satg engine; but they're
fine.  Maybe a V-8 just doesn't require as high a pressure oil pump.

Frank M.