Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Headlight Switch and mk1 dash gauges and PI diff

Hi,

Three questions

1.
On the steering column of my 73 stag (mkII) the headlight switch has 3
positions off/dip/full beam
On a Triumph 2.5PI I am wrecking the headlight switch also has a Park
and what looks like a fog light position. (need to push the knob in and
turn to activate)
Were these positions also present on other stags? ie phase1 or phase 3
stags (phase1 = mk1 phase 3 = mkII with bright sill )
2.
The PI has mint gauges smith's (down pointing) with a kenzile (sp?)
clock. These have black bezels. Would these be worth keeping (apart from
tacho - 6 cyl) for someone with a mk1?? poor pic here
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/deancunningham/PI/pi8.jpg
3.
There has been some discussion of late with regard to sedan diffs , so I
was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny that the 2.5PI diff was
stronger than normal 2 and 2.5 sedans? (just a thought as a PI
definitely had more grunt)

regards
deanc
73 stag - still in painters
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/deancunningham

This e-mail is  not an  official  statement of  the
Waikato  Regional  Council unless otherwise stated.