Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: clutch hydraulics

D.Biggs@domain.elided writes:

<< I don't think that any tweaks to the slave cylinder will help a slipping
 clutch. It sounds like the spacers were put in to take up excessive play
 in the operating mechanism (a common stag problem).

 I can't help on the issue of the correct length of the master cylinder
 pushrod, it sounds like you need a new or straight secondhand one. If it
 is bent it will cause the bore to wear on one side and then leak.

 Regards,

 Dave. >>

Thanks, Dave.  That's some good information that I didn't have before.  I did
find a used pushrod; I'll post the correct length FWIW.

Frank M