Stag/Stag Digest Archive

brake MC

Well, I've overhauled my clutch master and slave cylinders, rear wheel
cylinders and calipers over the weekend, and I'm ready to do the brake master
cylinder, but I can't get the darn thing apart.  I've pulled the servo off
the car and removed the two nuts holding the master cylinder to the servo.
The workshop manual says to just pull them apart, but no luck.  I can pull
the MC off of the servo, but it keeps springing back.  On the side of the
servo with the pushrod that attaches to the pedal, there is a black plastic
tube about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.  Is this supposed to come off with the
MC and pushrod?  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Frank M.