Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Windscreen holder tabs

Hello All,
	The little pop riveted tabs do seem to be factory installed to hold things
together.  Many owners have made the comment of finding them when replacing a
windshield or new seal.  This also seems to be a common area complained about
for rust, as it seems like the tabs were initially placed and drilled without
any paint in the pop rivet holes, so moisture collected there and corrosion
began early on.  Everyone that I have talked to that removed the tabs had a bear
of a time getting the seal to stay in place during installation, but it is not a
real easy part of a project to install the windscreen and seal unless you have
done it three or four times.

Shot my wad!!

In My Humble Amateur Opinion, Yours for Speculation ...

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC