Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Sedan parts compatability.

At 08:48 AM 7/04/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Thanks for the reply Brian. May I ask a few more questions?
>
>"Diffential,   the 2500S sedans use a 3.7 ratio diff but the back plate is
>different.  The stag has wide mickey mouse ears (mounting points) whereas
>the sedans have narrow ears."
>

>Can the back plates be interchanged?

john I connect answer this question with autority as I have never tried it, I don't see why but then again I have heard that there is a slight difference in the shape of the sedan housing and so the wide ears do not cover compleetely.
******************************************>
>"Stearing colomn cover,  I am not sure which part you are talking about, if
>it is the large 2 piece barral piece housing the ignition switch etc,  Yes"
>>
>Brian I was thinking of the cover that goes down the column to the pedals.
>Mine is all broken.

Just been to recheck mine sedan, on the sedan there is a cover that sits on to of the colum between the large barrell shaped cover and where the column mounts to the dash.  The is NO cover under the dash just bare shaft.
>Also I have found yesterday that I have a worn front stub axle do you know
>if these are the same on the sedan?
Agin I cannot answer this question ,but considering the cost ( rimmers 1998 catalogue = 25 pound UK) and the fact that it is a vital part re safety I would not even think about second hand parts. >

>Re the manual gear box, does it actually bolt on to the stag engine anyway?
>
>What I am thinking is if I find a donor sedan of the right model then I will
>buy the whole car just for the bits I need.

again I have not converted yet and maybe someone with greater knowledge of this process could answer you better.  My understanding is that there is a need for some kind of adaptor ring and because of this ring the input shaft needs to be slightly longer.  Also the layshaft is thicker to withstand the extra torque.

keep staggering  brian>