Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Targa anyone?

First Union Capital Markets Corp.

I am ending the process of parting out my badly rusted 1971 companion car(or
as my wife likes to call it the "junk car") and can't bring myself to trash
the hardtop, despite the rust damage.  I vaguely remember a reference to a
targa top that was either offered as an aftermarket item or had been
fashioned by a Stag owner.  Can anyone offer any input guidance etc?  I
would like to explore the option of fashioning a targa top from my spare
hardtop, which in my opinion has very little future as a full top.

My biggest question is what the top attaches to, I assume that it was fitted
to attache to the B posts in some way.  Any ideas, clues, etc would be
greatly appreciated.  Are there any owners out there that have a targa top,
or have access to pictures of one?

My 71 Stag is back on the road after a long hiatus.  Spring is here in the
Carolinas, and the weather is perfect for top down Staggering.  My custom
license plate arrived last week, STAGRLEE

Mark D. Weir
First Union Loan Syndications
704.383.6610
704.383.6037 fax