Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: MK1 Warning Light

Ian Baird wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Just a quick question.
>
> The single centered warning light on my MK1 Stag has started coming on
> intermittently.
>
> The wiring diagrams says that this is a brake warning light, but the brakes
> feel fine !!
>
> Could this be a faulty switch/sender unit, or are the brakes on their last
> legs ??
>
> Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
>
> Also where is this switch/sender unit located ??

Ian,

The unit is on the L/H inner wing and it should light the warning lamp
if there is an imbalance between the front and rear brakes eg if one
circuit is leaking fluid.

There is also a peculiar relationship between this lamp and the oil
pressure warning lamp. I think the oil pressure lamp is in series with
the brake warning lamp so that if the oil pressure is low both lamps
glow dimmly. You could check this on the wiring diagram if you have one.

Check that your oil pressure lamp isn't on aswell !

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer