Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: MK1 Warning Light

In a message dated 3/30/99 3:37:00 PM Central Standard Time,
Ian@domain.elided writes:

<< Hi All

 Just a quick question.

 The single centered warning light on my MK1 Stag has started coming on
 intermittently.

 The wiring diagrams says that this is a brake warning light, but the brakes
 feel fine !!

 Could this be a faulty switch/sender unit, or are the brakes on their last
 legs ??

 Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

 Also where is this switch/sender unit located ??

 Regards

 Ian Baird
 '70 MK1 Stag LD122 >>

Ian, on my car (late MkI ('72) ; U.S. spec), it is just in front of the master
cylinders mounted on the inner fender.  On my GT6, which has a similar unit, I
had a similar problem.  I removed it and disassembled it, cleaned it,
reinstalled and bled the system and haven't had anymore problems in about 10
years.  It was all gummed up inside.

Hope this helps.
Frank M.