Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: wiring question

In a message dated 3/25/99 12:48:34 PM Central Standard Time,
sujitroy@domain.elided writes:

<< I was looking at the wiring diagram for the Stag.  Going from the
 starter motor to the coil is a wire color coded as WO.  What color is
 WO?  >>

White with an Orange tracer.  My wiring diagram doesn't have a definition for
O either, but it's Orange, after 2 weeks of tracing alot of my wiring.

I'm on the way to the garage in a few minutes; I'll check the wires on my
starter and get back with you.  I'm cleaning those contacts tonight.

 <The switch in the auto gear box isn't working so the PO cut these wires
 and joined them together.  The car starts in any gear. (will fix that
 soon)
 There is a wire connected to the coil.  This is not colored WO either.
 The coil according to the manual is meant to be 6 volts.  Have
 recommendations been made to make it a 12 volt unit instead?
 I will get the meter out this weekend and take a look at these points.>

My coil has two wires going to it; one black and one White with a Yellow
tracer.

 Another question regarding wiring, is there a place that sells color
 code wire, other than buying a wiring loom and cutting it up?

 sujit

Hope this helps,
Frank M.