Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Mystery holes

In a message dated 3/25/99 7:51:59 AM Central Standard Time,
D.Biggs@domain.elided writes:

<< Does anyone know what the two tapped holes in the bulkhead just to the
 left of the bonnet catch (looking from the front) are used for ?
 Something on MK 1s, autos or air conditioning ?

 I have made an adaptor plate so that I can mount the Luminition module
 here without having to drill the bulkhead.

 Regards,

 Dave. >>

Dave, on mine (MkI) the bonnet catch has four bolts for it's mounting plate -
two on each side.  The only thing to the left of that is a vacuum operated
valve for the heater core.  The mount for that has two small bolts on a
diagonal.  The rest of my bulkhead has an insulation mat over all of it, so I
don't know what may be lurking behind it.  Hope this helps,
Frank M