Stag/Stag Digest Archive

electric fans

Hi,
I want to retrofit my fans for the AC to cool the engine radiator.
(my AC doesn't work).  Ideally, I'd like the fans to come on
automatically when the engine temp. reaches a certain temp.  Firstly,
is there a thermostat that someone can recommend?  Where would be an
ideal place to put this thermostat?  Is there a place on the block
where I can just screw in a thermostat?
If all fails, I could just connect the fans directly to a switch under
the dash and switch the fans on when needed.
I've ordered an engine oil cooler kit from Rimmers.  How effective are
engine oil coolers?

==
Sujit Roy
786 Erie Circle,