Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: electric fans

Ben

Sorry to disappoint you re the oil cooler.

about 3 years back i bought a cooler from rimmers and as far as I am concern it was a waste of money.  I put is on and the first thing I found was that installing the pipe work around the pump, filter and exhaust pipe was a pain and secondly the only thing it did was reduce my oil pressure about 7 to 10 pounds.

The unit is now sitting in the loft of my garage.

As for a thrmostat, the 2500S sedans have a nice unit that fits into a hose running from the thermostat unit to the inlet manifold.  It screws into a metal pipe and drives the electric fan.  the only negaive is that it cannot be adjusted.

However, if you are installing an electric fan, i would suggest that you incorporate a manual override switch which allows you to control the system before the auto gets to the temperature.

I have this set up in both my 2500sedan and stag.

regards  brian