Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Whoo hoo

Greetings all,

My daily driver 74 Stag is once again a daily driver, after just under 1
year of being off the road
A bit of history.....

5 years ago
- diff with broken teeth replaced with Datsun 180B unit

3 years ago
- engine, gearbox and clutch were rebuilt
- new exhaust (to replace non-standard, rusted-out exhaust system (DPO)
- electric fan installed (in addition to standard fan)
- oil cooler installed (hasn't had any noticeable difference)

Within the last 12 months, I have had.......
- Rust removed
- Accident damage repaired (DPO)
- Accident damage repaired - twice, not once but twice!!!! I was hit from
behind, me the innocent party (thank goodness for insurance comapnies that
provide no-fault cover, with choice of repairer)
- New window and door seals, etc
- Re-chromed bumper bars
- Seats re-upholstered
- New carpet
- Dash re-skinned
- Woodwork veneered and polished
- Replacement alternator
- Clutch repaired again - since the rebuild 3 years ago, I had never been
really happy with it.  When it was re-built this time, a TR6 clutch plate
was found installed, in addition to other substandard workmanship and quick
and dirty repairs

Items still requiring attention......
- New seat belts (webbing and retractor units)
- Attention to temperature rise, especially on a hot day (here in sunny
Melbourne, Australia)
- Smell of petrol in cabin and boot

Now, why am I telling all of you this?   Because it feels so good to be
back behind the wheel of a Stag.  I'm telling everybody!

Thank you all for your patience with this message,  we will now resume
normal transimissions.

Cheers,

Scott
74 Stag, manual O/D