Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: parts vendors

Hello Sujit,
	Actually, East Coast Jaguar's Stag catalog was originally SNG Barratt in the
UK.  Many parts are sourced from BMIHT approved sources, including Barratts and
others.
	East Coast Jag is the only US supplier of all the Stag parts, although common
wear parts can be bought through many of the US autoparts chains like NAPA,
Kraco, Carquest, Checker, Parts America, etc, if you ask.  There are dozens of
regional foreigh car parts houses that have listings for Stag parts, but my
local one here could not even get me brake shoes and pads! NAPA had them ... IN
STOCK!  I am always surprised at the number of Stag parts I can locate on their
computers, but forget trim and body pieces.  As for Vicky Brit, Special
Interest, Moss, TRF, all will flat out tell you they do not/will not stock Stag
parts.  In fact, I've has some of the phone order people there get kind of pissy
tone of voice when I told them I was looking for a part to fit a Stag.  Only way
around them is to have the equivalent "Triumph/BL" part number and ask them if
they stock the Part Number without telling them it is a Stag part.  For example,
lots of TR6 parts fit the Stag in the running gear.  Once you tell them it is a
Stag, may as well hang up the phone, even if they have the right Triumph part
number on the shelf.  Short sighted vendors ...

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC