Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: parts vendors

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:33:18 -0700 Glenn Merrell <gmerrel@domain.elided>
writes:

... >>  As for Vicky Brit, >Special>Interest, Moss, TRF, all will flat
out tell you they do not/will not >stock Stag>parts.  In fact, I've has
some of the phone order people there get >kind of pissy>tone of voice
when I told them I was looking for a part to fit a Stag.

>Regards,
>Glenn  Merrell
>Triumph Stag Register USA VP

Glenn,
I have to differ with you on this point. When I needed the stainless
steel exhaust system for my Stag, I called John Swauger at TRF. He said
he would see what he could do and he got one for me, and had it shipped
in their next container. This saved me a lot  on shipping costs from
England. (This was before the recent "free shipping" rage by Rimmer) It
took a little longer because I had to wait for the container, but this
was (IS) a long term project, so it didn't put me behind schedule any.
Also, I just ordered a bunch of stuff from SICP for the Stag. A complete
set of valve shims and a some rotors at great prices. I guess it's just
who you get on the phone.

Larry Miceli
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]