From: Ian Baird [mailto:Ian@domain.elided]
Sent: 24 February 1999 21:44
To: Stag List
Subject: Gigantic Oil Leak

--*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Hi All

Whilst driving home today my Oil pressure gauge dropped to zero !!

Upon checking oil appeared to be leaking out by the bucket full ! So much so
it took 8 litres of oil to drive 12 miles !!

Upon checking further it looks as though the oil is coming out from behind
one of the four oil pump bolts. I tried tightening these bolts but they are
as tight as they go, so does this mean the oil pump is shot, or can the
washers on these bolts fail ?

Any input on oil pump failures and cures would be most grateful, especially
as this is the first time I have ever had to do one on any car I owned.

Regards
Ian Baird
'70MK1 Stag LD122