Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag questions/parts wanted

I've been looking at this mailing list for sometime now, but from
today onwards I'll start to post e-mails on this list.  For I have
become the proud owner of a 1971 Triumph Stag.  I have many questions
so I'll start with the basic ones.

Electrics -

I was playing with the drivers side doom light door switch while the
battery was connected, sparks went flying and now the lights don't
work.  I checked all the fuses on the bulk head and they are all fine.
 Is there another place that I should look for possible faults.  Are
there additional fuses somewhere hidden?

My reversing lights don't work.  I'm assuming that there is some sort
of switch in the automatic gearbox that makes a circuit when engaged
in reverse.  Is there anything here that I need to look into?

My passengers side electric window moves up and down very slowly.  I
intend to overhaul the system with WD-40 and grease.  Is there a
conditioner for the channels that the windows move up and down in.

I went onto Rimmer Bros. web page and they have a BL workshop manual
listed.  Is it worth getting or should I try and obtain a Haynes
manual or equivalent.

Seat belts-

My seat belts, once released, don't return to their normal position.
Can I open them up and try and get the springs to work a little better
or should I consider buying new ones.

The back seats don't have any seat belts.  Can seat belts be fitted?

Brakes-

The brakes were serviced before I bought the car, but they  don't feel
like that they'll stop the car in an emergency.  Is there anything I
can do here?  I read somewhere that I can ad after market calipers and
pads.  Any recommendations welcome

Power Steering

The power steering feels very light, too light for comfort.  Again I
read that it should not be too light any clues what I can do here?

Items wanted

Does someone have a front bumper for a 71 Stag that they willing to
sell?
I'm looking for a parking light, rear passengers side, lens