Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Brakes

Hello Randall,
	You did not state that the brakes actually failed or not.  If they still work,
brake dust can sometimes cause this type of noise, sounds and feels terrible.  A
complete cleaning of the pads, rotors and calipers with brake cleaner may help.
Like Mike Wattam states, you could have a stone or something stuck between the
rotor and disk pad.  I once had a terrible grinding noise on a disk brake car,
took the pads off and found a bolt imbedded into the pad!  Took the other side
off and found a stone imbedded into the pad!!
	Another area to check is the clearance of the ball joint to the rotor.  A worn
ball joint can contact the rotor intermittantly.  Applying the brakes could
force the rotor slightly off center and cause the rotor to contact the ball
joint.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC