Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Oil Pressure Gauge Kit

Larry,

The Oipn Prewssure Gauge Kit is on sale at Paddocks for 60 pounds. It is
the gauge, line, tee adapter and all hardware.

I have received no replies from anyone who has installed this particular kit.

Glenn Minucci <gminucci@domain.elided> and I exchanged a few emails
yesterday, he installed a guage from a TR250 or an early TR6 in the hole
vacated by the clock. Glenn claimed an easy install, and the guage is a
pretty close match to the originals. Having no shortage of TR250 gauges in
the shop (see the sig file below!) I'm seriously considering going that
route. Hopefully the bezel from my non-functioning clock will go on the
'250 gauge and look OK.

Having an Oil Pressure guage mounted below the dash would be my last
resort. Out of sight, out of mind!

Thanks for the reply.

At 05:22 PM 2/11/99 -0500, Lawrence  G Miceli wrote:
>Henry,
>How much is the kit? I put an oil pressure gauge that I got at a local
>Discount Auto Parts store ($14.00) in my MKII Stag. I mounted it under
>the dash on the right side of the steering column. It took all of about
>30 minutes to fit. It attaches to the oil sending unit plate, and I ran
>the oil line through the fire wall and behind the radio panel. I ran the
>clear line through some 1/4 inch rubber tubing to give it a little
>protection. My car (brand new motor) is doing about 40-50 lbs at high
>idle, which I am told is very high (maybe too high) for a Stag. The book
>says anything from 12-25 lbs is ok.
>Larry Miceli
>'73 Stag
>'66 Herald
 Henry Frye - thefryes@domain.elided - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI  	Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B   	Driver
 TR250 X 3	The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage	http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/