Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Comments re various questions.

Hello Tony
Nice to see your tuppence worth. Personally I think at tuppence it is very
good value indeed.
I bought some Autobox cooler mounts. They turned out to be small standard UNF
bolts with rubber moulded over them so that they looked like the originals.
The thin flat steel hex on the real  thing was replaced by a hex formed in
rubber. Not much good for taking torque from the jaws of a spanner. They were
junk.
I am very glad to hear you have good ones. Meatime I found some OE UKC 2451
which seems to be a straight supersession.
On the hardtop seal I shall be coming to you for a set to replace those poor
overhard items I have.
If you are right about "Soft Valves" I shall be coming to you for a head job,
but until now I have to report over 10,000 miles unleaded with no falling off
in performance at all. About 40% of this was done at 70mph on motorways. Is it
possible that the soft valves were only put in the last models as a cost
saver?
Your item on the windscreen rubber bright finisher is excellent. I must try
that when I am in the mood as my finisher is not properly seated all round.
Altogther I found your letter most interesting and very well reasoned. Your
great knowledge and experience of Stags is clear to see. I hope we shall have
the benefit of more of your wisdom in the future.
Peter H