Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Comments re various questions.

10 or more years ago, I bought my Stag as a basket case. I soon learned that
everyone had an opinion about matters technical. I decided I had to pick one
expert, and stick by his advice. That person was Tony Hart. I have purchased
all my parts from him. I did stray a couple of times when I responded to ads
in the magazines. I got a reversing switch with no instructions, which I soon
ruined. I ordered a new switch from
. It came with instructions. I got a complete set of unreinforced hoses, which
one by one failed. Every one that failed blew out on I5 in Los Angeles; where
stopping can be fatal.
I think buying parts from an organization which actually repairs cars and has
to live with the consequences of bad parts is well worth any extra money
spent.
HRS is certainly not the only organization in that category; but I know HRS
would never have installed unreinforced hoses, bad water pumps, bad gaiters (I
did that too!)
 And  they would never sell them to anyone either.

Mike Moore
71 Mk1