Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Technical Bulletins

Hi All

If my posting about unleaded fuel had been read properly, people would have
read that "Jim Parkinson", chief engineer at Triumph and Rover said that the
Stag engine was designed to run on unleaded and NOT the "Stag Owners Club",
all THEY have done is report on the opinions of an ex-employee of Triumph
and Rover.

Mike - I would also be interested in reading the "TB's" that you mention
that agree 100% with Tony Hart about unleaded petrol, and also seeing any
substantiated proof that may follow this up.

I have now ran my own Stag, a 1970 MK1 manual, chassis numbered LD122 engine
numbered LD110, with original engine - never re-built !, on unleaded petrol
everyday for the past year, covering about 15,000+ miles without any
problems whatsoever, and that includes alot of hard driving.

During that time I have only put leaded fuel in once and that was very early
on, purely by mistake.

Also during this time on unleaded I have towed a caravan fully laden and
still no problems.

I will enjoy any opinions anyone has on this situation as I will continue to
use unleaded fuel until either of the following happens :

    1. I am proven wrong with substantiated material
or
    2. I am proven wrong by my Stag going Bang !!

Regards
Ian Baird
'70 MK1 Stag LD122