Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rubber Components

PGAHOWELLS@domain.elided wrote:

> Hello David
> Good question.
> I sympathise with the gaiter situation. Very galling.
>
> I have been dissatisfied with
>
> 1) Bonnet support rubbers. (Not that important)

If you mean 619551 (2-off), Chris Witor has "Superflex" polyurethane ones, his
part number is SPPF 338). Phone 01753 662905.

> 2) Autobox Oil Cooler mounts (Nightmare to remove untorquable hexes,
> fortunately found some OE ones)
>
> 3) Hardtop Seal (Too plasticy and squeak and worse, leak. Fortunately the
> excellent James Paddock sent me a real rubber replacement type seal but it has
> an unusual profile!)
>
> 4) Cooling hoses. (Unreinforced. I sent them back as unreinforced hoses will
> cause disaster as they split)

SOCTFL recommends the ones sold through SOC Spares Ltd, which are definitely
reinforced. Phone 01622 891777. These may also be available from other outlets,
just make sure you ask specifically for reinforced.

> As for poly bushes - great. I have been through 6 MOT tests with mine. The
> previous rubber ones lasted 12 months.
>
> I am in agreement with you. Where can we get decent rubber made parts?  They
> are so important.

I'll take this up with my colleagues at SOCTFL and see whether anyone has any
thoughts on this. When we've looked at this before, the problem has always been to
find a company that will produce in low enough volume.

Phil W.